Grammar Checking Problems?
Looking for a stable solution to proofreading hassles? You are at the right place.
Checking grammar is one of the most important things which a writer should do while or after writing the content. The correct grammar ensures the quality of the content. Not just this, it helps to build a strong readership base. Though there are many ways you can deal with the grammatical mistakes, yet there are some tools which are still untapped by you. Today, I am going to review the Best Tool among them. This tool is Grammarly.
Once I heard,
English is that window through which we can see the whole world.
It’s entirely true because, in most of the countries around the world, English is preferred as the Best language for National as well as Intentional communications. Even you are a master of English language; Still while preparing content, you need to proofread it first before proceeding further.
These days, everything is digital. Content is prepared digitally on computers. So, the best option to proofread our content will be a tool that may correct all of the errors at once and in the easiest way. Grammarly is something which is the best solution and one tool that is known for its uniqueness.
- 1 What is Grammarly?
- 2 Grammarly Review: How to Setup and Use?
- 3 List of Awesome Grammarly Features
- 4 Grammarly Premium Pricing
- 5 My One Year Experience With Grammarly
- 6 Pros and Cons of Grammarly
Highlights of Grammarly
- It can check 250+ types of Grammatical mistakes within just a few seconds.
- Available in multiple ways, free-paid, as a Chrome extension, as a PC software and as well as Microsoft Word Extension.
- Built-in Powerful Spell Checker with the most updated vocabulary.
- Ultimate Suggestions Capability makes it more like a Live English teacher instead of just a Grammar Checker and Correction Teacher.
- Built-in Plagiarism Checker (One of the Best Copy Checking Tool as well)
In this review, we are going to have a complete look, what exactly Grammarly is and how you can make it your Best Grammar Buddy. I tried my best to write the true and unbiased review, including in this post, all of the pros and cons that will help you to decide whether you should prefer it to you as your Grammar Checker Tool or not.
Let’s start this review of the Best Grammar Checker, Grammarly. You can easily browse the complete Grammarly Review by using the following Table of Contents.
What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is basically a tool which primarily focus on helping its users to correct grammatical errors. It’s a plug and play tool. You just have to setup it and once done, as soon as you write your first few words of content, and if Grammarly will be enabled, it’ll start showing detecting the errors.
And if you enable Grammarly after writing the complete content, It’ll take a few seconds to analyze the content depending upon the amount, and will list all of the errors and suggestions at once. It’s so accurate and powerful that it can detect this much deep level errors may even seem to be 100 percent correct. Some of the most common errors which Grammarly detects in my cases are:
- Redundancy Errors: That are the errors caused by superfluous repetition or overlapping, especially of words.
- Spelling Mistakes: Check Spells as per the latest dictionary items and even can be set for US and UK spellings system separately.
- Commas and Connectors Errors: Suggests us whether Commas are correct and where are unnecessary. Tells about the use of Connectors such as but, because, then, than etc.
- Tense and Voice Suggestions: It tells the correct use of Tenses and Active/Passive Voices.
These are just those types of errors which Grammarly detects the most in my cases but still it can detect more than 250 types of errors, keep it in mind; it’s much more powerful. In Short, we can say, Grammarly is a writing enhancement platform.
Grammarly Review: How to Setup and Use?
I want to keep this review unique and fresh. That’s why I am going to review Grammarly along with setting it up and using it. This will help you to ensure that how easy it will be for you as well to Setup and make use of Grammarly. Actually, it is one of the Best ways to review any product.
Before setting up Grammarly, let me tell you that you can setup Grammarly in four different ways. These ways are:
- In your Browser: Grammarly is available as an extension or add-on for web browsers, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari
- In Mircosoft Word: Grammarly is available as an add-on for Microsoft Word as well as other Microsoft Office programs.
- In PC as a Software: It is also available as software which you can install on your Windows PC.
- Grammarly Web Interface: It offers a simple Dashboard to take quick actions along with all of the features.
Though you can set up Grammarly Checker Tool in four different ways, yet one thing is common that you need to do first before getting benefited by any of its features. And this is to Create a Free Grammarly account. Already 3 million users have joined Grammarly! Have you?
Comparision: Free and the Premium Version
This is the Best part of Grammarly, that is available in two versions, one is the free version and the second one is the paid version. The Free version is limited to some features but still it’s powerful than any other Grammar Checker and Correction Tool. Paid version allows you to make use of each and every feature what Grammarly’s team included in it.
Creating an account with Grammarly is completely free and doesn’t charge you a single penny. As it is necessary to get started with Grammarly, let’s quickly create it. Click this link or the following button to create a Free Grammarly Account.
One more thing as I said the free version of Grammarly has limited features. That’s why for professional Grammar Checking and Proofreading, the premium version is recommended. To have a clear look, check out the following comparison of the free and the premium version.
The above comparison simply tells how the premium version is better in any way. Not just this, premium version of Grammarly is loaded with pretty much more features as shown in the following screenshot.
And Here is something what Grammarly users tweets.
If you are really serious about your content and want to keep it proofread, I recommend you to go with the premium version. One more reason to choose premium version over the free version is that along with the limited features Grammarly Free version only limited to the Chrome Extension while the features like Microsoft Office Addon is only available if you have the premium version. So without any doubt, Premium Version is the Best.
The Grammarly Extension (Click Here to Download For Free)
As I already said, Grammarly Extension is available for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and the Apple Safari web browsers. You can download this extension for free and here it doesn’t matter whether you have the free account or the premium account.
The best part of this extension is that you can harness the power of Grammarly in any text area of the web pages you open in your web browsers. You can enhance your writings, in your Blog Post Visual Editor, in the comment boxes of any blog or website, in the Facebook post box, message box or anywhere else where you can type.
In the following screenshot, I have written some text in the WordPress Visual Editor when the Grammarly Extension is enabled within my Google Chrome Web Browser. Each word underlined with Red or yellow has some error as per Grammarly, and it could be of any kind. The major errors are indicated by red lines and minors by Yellow lines. At the end of the editor, you can see the Grammarly extension’s notifier showing the number of errors of various kinds. There is also a power button to enable the extension on or off.
When you take the cursor over the Grammarly’s extension notifier in the bottom right, you will see an option to expand it, just click on it and pop up a window of Grammar Checker Tool will open as shown in the following screenshot. I am using the premium version of Grammarly, so make sure it might be a little bit different in your case if you are using the free version.
You can see in the above screenshot that it has detected too many errors, and each of these can be correcting by single clicks. At the end of this review, I have embedded a video review of Grammarly. Watch that video review to understand how you can resolve all of these errors easily.
The Web Interface of Grammarly
The web interface was the first thing, how Grammarly came into existence with. The Interface is simply a dashboard which is neat and clean. All of the things that we can do after installing the Grammarly’s extension can be done as well in the web interface. The only difference is that here along with managing your Grammarly account, you can make use of Grammarly’s all features. You can upload and save text documents.
The web interface of Grammarly is one of the best options to choose when you have to proofread huge amount of text. For example, if you want to proofread a book, just upload all of the text using the web interface, and it will show you all of the suggestions and errors within a few seconds after analyzing the whole text.
And here in the screenshot given below, it is shown that how the Grammarly Web Interface looks like when we add a document in it for proofreading.
In short, if you want to make use of Grammarly’s Web interface and want to proofread already written documents, it can be done in the following steps:-
- Log in to your Grammarly’s Dashboard. (You need Grammarly Account for it, you can use free as well as premium one) If you haven’t yet created an account, click here to create first.
- Now there are two options to add you content. Click on the New button to create a new document within the dashboard where you can copy and paste your content. The second option is to directly upload the document by clicking on the Upload button.
- That’s it once the text or document will be in the dashboard, Grammarly will fetch it for any kind of Grammatical errors. On the basis of your plan, free or premium it will help to correct the mistakes.
Grammarly Add-In for Microsoft Office Programs such as MS Word and Outlook
Many of the people trust Microsoft Word to check simple spelling mistakes and Grammatical errors. But unfortunately, Microsoft Word is not able to detect as many mistakes and errors Grammarly can detect and correct. So, to help MS Word and Outlook users to proofread their documents, it has an Add-In which you can download and install easily. The only thing to make sure here is that you should be a premium member to download it.
Users having the premium account of Grammarly can download the add-in by following these steps:
- Log in to your dashboard, In the left pane click on Grammarly for Microsoft® Office under the Apps Menu.
- Download the .exe file for your Windows PC. Once downloaded, double click on the setup to start it. Just follow the instructions and complete the installation.
- Once done, open MS Word or Outlook to have a look at the Add-In.
- In the Menu Bar, you’ll see Grammarly’s Tab. Click on it and then click on Enable Grammarly to get benefits of Grammar Checking.
One More thing, you’ll need to login in its add-in as well with your Premium Grammarly account to enable it.
Grammarly for Windows
Grammarly created a Windows Application which aims to provide you all of the Grammarly features out of the web browser. The thing to notice here is that the App provides you the same stuff and features what you can get in the web interface. So, it’s completely on you to download and install this app. I don’t prefer this App. I simply love to make use of Grammarly features in the web browser using the chrome extension.
To Download this App, either go to the Official site or simply go to your Grammarly’s dashboard and under Apps click on Grammarly for Windows.
List of Awesome Grammarly Features
In this section, I will tell you the most of the features of Grammarly in brief.<
- Contextual Spelling Checking: Quickly checks for any kind of spelling mistakes and that too contextually.
- Grammar Checking: All of the necessary Grammatical errors checking.
- Punctuation Checker: Checks for any kind of punctuation mistakes.
- Sentence Structure Analyzing: It analyzes the structure of the sentence and suggests the best possible sentences.
- Style Check: Check your content for redundancy, wordiness and other problems in the style of writing.
Ensures the Content and Give Improvement Suggestions for Various types of Writings and Publications
Grammarly can enhance your content for various type of writings and publications such as:
- Academic: General Academic, Essay, Report, Case Study, Book/Literature Review, Research Proposals, Research Results, Dissertation, Admission Letter.
- Business: General Business, Business Letter, Business Email, Report, Memo, Proposal, Article/Blog Post, Ad/Website Copy.
- Technical: General Technical, End-user Assisatance Document, Technical Documentation, Marketing Document.
- Medical: General Medical, Regulatory Writing, Educational Writing.
- Creative: General Creative, Creative Non-Fiction, Novel, Script, Short Story.
- Casual: General Casual, Personal Email, Personal Blog Post.
Plagiarism Detection Tool
Many people and content managers pay separately for Plagiarism Detection tools to ensures the originality of their content. But with Grammarly you get a built-in Plagiarism Detection Tool which can check the uniqueness of your content over 8 billion web pages. Isn’t a great all in one solution for Content Management and Proofreading?
Vocabulary is that part of a language where most of the non-natives have a problem. Making use of new and professional words makes your writing more attractive. Grammarly comes with an inbuilt Vocabulary Enhancement tool which you can enable. Once, you enable it, it will check your content and will suggest where the words can be enhanced according to the latest Vocabulary database.
Know in detail the features of Grammarly here: Grammarly Features: Makes it the best Grammar Checker Tool
Grammarly Premium Pricing
Grammarly is offering it’s premium version at great prices. Here is the screenshot of the offical Pricing and Plans.
My One Year Experience With Grammarly
I have been using Grammarly Premium for almost a year now. And I many truly say my experience with Grammarly was awesome and better than any other Grammar checking and proofreading tool.
This tool has not just helped me to proofread my articles and correct my grammatical errors & mistakes but also improved my English writing. Whenever an error is detected by Grammarly, it not just gave us the option to correct it but also explain to us why this thing is wrong and how you can avoid such type of mistakes. Thus, during proofreading my blog posts and articles using Grammarly, I often kept the important points in my mind and those mistakes which I make the most. This way, I improved my mistakes a lot.
Now, owing to Grammarly, my English writing has improved so much that even Grammarly doesn’t find a single mistake whenever I write with full dedication. But truly said, “To Err is Human.” That’s why Grammarly is still a must have tool for me and everybody else who is serious about their content writings and proofreadings.
In short, I personally recommend you to go with Grammarly!
If you want to try Grammarly before purchasing the premium version, make use of the free version and I’m sure it will please you as well.
Pros and Cons of Grammarly
If I start praising about Grammarly then the list of advantages will go very long. So, here below I’ve listed down just the major benefits.
- Available in Free as well as Premium Version
- Builtin Plagiarism Detection Tool
- Included Vocabulary Enhancements
- Perfect suggestion formats for Various types of writing and publications
- Accurate and Fast Contextual Spelling Checking
- Simple & Clean Interface
- Ease of Use
- Available for Web browser, Desktop and as well as for Microsoft Office
- Competitive Pricing
There is nothing like that can be called as a con with this wonderful tool. The only two things that might be a little problem for a few people is mentioned below.
- You must have an active internet connection in order to make use of any feature of Grammarly. That means as of now, Grammarly hasn’t any offline features.
- The pricing plans are monthly, quarterly and Yearly. That means to continue the features of Grammarly, you have to pay as long as you are getting benefited by it.
Grammarly in a Nutshell
In a Nutshell, Grammarly has every single feature to not just satisfy you as Best Grammar Checker or Writing Enhancement Tool but as something that has the capability to renovate the power of your content. I strongly recommend to get Grammarly as soon as possible.
Thanks for being here to get the genuine and unbiased Grammarly review. If you liked this review, please share it with other whom you thing can be benefited through it. Don’t forget to subscribe us to get latest updates of such new amazing posts by us.